- Founder and President
Amiel Wade specializes in civil litigation, conducting jury trials in complex cases and in helping individuals and businesses in every phase of their development. He has been practicing law for almost twenty years. He also has served as both a judge pro tem and an arbitrator for the Santa Clara County Superior Court, and has guest lectured at Stanford University.
In 2016, Wade was selected to the exclusive list of the “10 Best” attorneys in California in the area of client satisfaction by the AIOLC, which is an impartial third party Attorney Rating Service. From 2013 through 2016, Wade was selected as one of the top attorneys in California by the American Lawyer Media. He was also selected as a Top California Lawyer by the Legal Network from 2013 to 2016.
From 2013 to 2016, he received the prestigious Martindale Hubble Client Distinction award for receiving client reviews that average 4.8 or better on a scale from 1 to 5. Less than 4% of the 900,000+ attorneys listed on martindale.com and lawyers.com have been awarded this Martindale-Hubbell honor of distinction. In 2005, he was voted one of the top attorneys in the Country by America’s Registry of Outstanding Professionals. Prior to becoming a lawyer, Wade served as a San Jose Police Officer for four years. He is also a black belt in Tae Kwan Do.
Wade's experience as a trial attorney has led him to successfully represent clients as chief counsel in both jury trials and non-jury trials involving complex litigation cases. He has developed a reputation as being a tenacious, savvy and sophisticated trial attorney who savors going into battle for his clients. Wade has represented clients in both pre-litigation disputes, mediation and arbitration matters. He also has represented clients in both commercial and serious personal injury cases. He has extensive expertise in conducting negotiations, and has negotiated multi-million dollar disputes, lawsuits and business contracts.
Wade's vast array of in-depth experience has also led him to become an expert in representing businesses and start-up companies, as he is cognizant of exactly what it takes to assist them in both achieving their fundraising goals and operating their businesses. In assisting clients in raising funds, he has not only negotiated investment terms with potential investors, but he has also advised on corporate securities and compliance issues (both blue sky and federal securities laws), has prepared and conducted due diligence, and has drafted an abundance of equity financing documents which include: private placement memorandums, stock purchase agreements, bridge loan agreements, stock subscription agreements, co-sale agreements, investors rights agreements, convertible loan agreements, stock certificates, investment and merger letters of intent, merger and acquisition agreements, investment term sheets, securities filings, etc.
Wade has extensive expertise in negotiating, drafting and modifying high technology licenses and transfer agreements of every type, including: distribution agreements, end user licenses, OEM agreements, publishing agreements, joint development agreements, technology partnering agreements, manufacturing agreements, development agreements and agreements relating to the acquisition of intangible property.
In providing corporate governance representation, Wade has regularly advised boards of directors, as well as perform an abundance of other corporate governance work, which includes: communicating with shareholders and investors, attending Board of Director meetings, taking board of director minutes, setting up shareholder meetings, etc. He also serves as a board member of several organizations.
Areas Of Practice
- Civil Litigation
- Business Litigation
- Divorce & Family Law Litigation
- Probate Litigation
- Real Estate Litigation
- California, 1996
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit
- Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey School of Law - Camden, Camden, New Jersey
- Honors: With Honors
- Honors: Elected President, Student Bar Association
- Honors: National Moot Court Competition
- Honors: Top Oralist in his Moot Court Course
- Honors: Student Cabinet Position, Governor of New Jersey (Christine Todd Whitman)
- San Jose State University
- Guest Lecturer, Stanford University
Honors and Awards
- "One of the Top Attorneys in the Country", America's Registry of Outstanding Professionals
- Top Litigator, Trial Advocacy Course
- Top Oralist, Moot Court Course
- Selected to the list of “10 Best” Attorneys in California by the AIOLC
- Top Attorneys in California, American Lawyer Media
- Top California Lawyer, Legal Network
- Martindale Hubbell Client Distinction Award
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Strathmore's Who's Who, Member
- Student Bar Association, President
- American Association for Justice
- Santa Clara County Bar Association, Member
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Santa Clara County Superior Court, Judge Pro Tem and an Arbitrator
- Palmchip Corporation, Corporate Secretary, Vice President and General Counsel
- Wade & Silverstein Law Corporation, President and Managing Partner
- San Jose Police Officer