Being served a lawsuit can be a nerve-wracking experience. So can taking the official steps in getting a divorce. Business and civil disputes aren’t fun experiences. That is why it is so important to us that you know you’re not alone during this difficult time. If you are going through a legal dispute and looking for a lawyer in San Jose that is experienced in litigation proceedings and California law, come pay us a visit. We are Wade Law Group and we are here for you.
Wade Law Group represents clients looking for a lawyer in San Jose and our central headquarters are located within the city. Our practice areas focus primarily on business and civil law and litigation, including family and divorce law. Continue reading to find out what to do if you are being served with a lawsuit. You can also take a more investigative look into what we represent by visiting our website at the link provided here: Wade Law Group.
Lawyer in San Jose | Steps To Take When Served With A Lawsuit
Civil and business litigation proceedings are a primary practice area that we specialize in at Wade Law Group. There are a few steps we advise all of our clients to take in the event they are being served with a lawsuit. I will lay out these steps next, but the most important point we hope to we get across is that this is not the end of the world and you are not alone. Our experience in litigation proceedings has enabled us to fine-tune a method that has proven successful time and time again. For now, let’s address seven important details to keep in mind if you are being served with a lawsuit.
- The State of California requires you respond to the lawsuit within 30 days once you have been served official court papers.
- You must format your response properly in order to it to be valid in the eyes of the court.
- The court can issue a default judgment against you if you fail to submit your response in the proper format.
- If a default judgment is issued, the only way to overturn it is by filing a motion to the courts asking to set aside the previous judgment.
- Finding an attorney to represent you can eliminate the risk of this potential default judgment.
- Your attorney is able to request an extension for your response if you are nearing the end of your 30 days.
- Your attorney should work in hand with you to create a response that strategically helps achieve a positive ruling that is in your favor.
Lawyer in San Jose | Our Commitment To You
Wade Law Group makes a commitment to every one of the people we represent. That commitment includes acting on their behalf and advising them to the best of our ability, in hopes of achieving an outcome that results in a positive ruling in our favor. With our 360-tactical approach, we thoroughly investigate and come up with a strategy that aggressively pursues this outcome in hopes of achieving it quickly.
This pursuit of justice is one that has been instilled in us by our founder, Amiel Wade. Amiel Wade has regularly received some of the highest recognition in the state of California for his ability to win cases and leave his clients satisfied, all without costing them any more than necessary. Please take a moment to watch the video below to see some of these awards and a breakdown of the strategy we utilize for each of the clients we represent.
Lawyer in San Jose | About Wade
Wade Law Group has offices throughout California, but our headquarters are in San Jose. Our specialties are business, civil, and family law and litigation. Our mission is to continue to be recognized as one of the top law firms in San Jose and all of California and hope to continue to contend for that title throughout the nation. For a free consultation or additional information, please CONTACT US.